Monday, July 24, 2006

G is for God

I prayed today. I've can't remember the last time a prayed in the quiet of my apartment. I usually only find God on planes - take off and landing. Dear God: I really hope that you carry this plane safely to nameless city. Thanks, Me. Dear God: The plane is shaking right now, and I'm not sure if you are following through on the carrying this plane safely bit - can we land soon? Thanks, Me. I forget God once my seatbelt is off, and I'm in that mad-dash-to-no-where that is exiting an airplane.

Today was much different. I prayed for direction and peace. Hope and tranquility. Rather strangely, I found these things for a moment, along with heart-wrenching honesty. Direction, peace, hope and tranquility came to me in two simple words: love myself.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh girl...i just read through all of these and all i can say is we have SO much in common...

let's get together sometime and talk without an audience?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home